Sunday 10 April 2016

Honey! Bee-Happy Card

Hello dears

Today I am sharing a card with you which I have made for this month's Paper Smooches April Challenge and the 'theme' is 'Black/white with a pop of color'.

I am from India and at this time of the month, summer has arrived. So, my card is inspired by the hardworking honeybees which are fluttering over the flowers near my window. I wanted to make this card sooner, but my scoreboard got damaged and I was awaiting the arrival of new score board. I got it delivered yesterday night and so I decided to do the card today. This is my first card ever which I will be posting on my blog...... so I am super excited.

This card uses Paper Smooches digital stamps (Honeybee and Bee happy sentiment), Black , Honey and White cardstock, Sequins, Honeycomb stencil from Hampton Art Vintologic Butterflies Stamp & Stencil Set, Water color pencils and turpentine, Adhesives and Foam tapes.
To begin, I scored my Honey coloured cardstock to get a 5 . 5" X 4 . 25" card base. Then I have used a 5 . 25" x 4 . 25" white cardstock for the front of our card.
I used honeycomb stencil from Hampton Art Vintologic Butterflies Stamp & Stencil Set to trace honeycombs on black cardstock so I could I fussy cut them. I do not have a die cut machine and so I went through this procedure. You can use any honeycomb die you wish to obtain the same result.

Honeybees and sentiments were printed out and fussy cut. They were colored using Fabercastle watercolor pencils and Camlin Distilled Turpentine. I have stuck 2 bees together to achieve dimension tot he honeybee. So, I had to cut 6 bees to start with.
All the black honeycombs were glued to the white cardstock using adhesive foam squares. I printed the sentiment on a white cardstock which I layed on a black cardstock. All the bees and the sentiment were adhered to the card using foam tape and squares.
I added yellow mix of sequins to complete the card. On the inside of the card, I just added two black cardstock strips just to complete the theme of the card.

Thats all we had to do and our card is complete. I hope you all liked my card and thank you for reading my post.

No comments:

Post a Comment