Thursday 14 April 2016

Birthday wishes

Hey guys

Today I am doing two cards which I made for the Peek-a-boo challenge of this month as well as A Blog Named Hero challenge..
I have done two birthday cards and both the cards use the same stamp. I have used Neenah solar white cardstock for the top and iris paper daffodil delight color as the base for both the cards.
  1. For the first card, I stamped balloons from KAISERCRAFT Pop!- Treats stamp set.  I used a fine tip black waterproof pen to draw the strings. I wanted all the strings to show so I masked the balloons on the top while stamping the balloons on the lower row.The die inks used are from MEMENTO - Tuxedo Black, Dandelion, Lady bug, Grape Jelly and Bahama Blue. and Ranger Dye inks -Electric Lime and Pink Gumball. I made a small window cut from the front of card and the base could peep in from behind. Added sequins and satin ribbon bows to finish the card.
  2. For the second card, I have used washi tapes to make the candles. Added the tapes on white card stock and cut them in 1 . 5 cm broad strips. After adding them to the card, I trimmed off the excess. For the flame, I have used the base color cardstock and fussy cut the flame shapes and watercolored them using FaberCastle watercolor pencils. The flames are mounted on the card using foam tapes. I finished the card with a baby blue paper twine and sequins. 
I hope you guys like my cards. Thank you for reading my blog.

12 comments:

  1. ADORABLE; I really love that cancel card; so creative!

    Thank you for joining us at A Blog Named Hero!! ~Michele, DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful creations Thanks for joining us at the PABD challenges
    DT Sharada Dilip

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super sweet cards Mukta !! Thanks for sharing your beautiful projects with us @ Peek-a-Boo Designs !! DT**

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful birthday themed projects! Thank you so much for playing along Challenge #5 over at Peek-A-Boo Designs and all the best! ^__^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Halak. I really enjoyed playing along with you guys.....

      Delete