Friday 1 April 2016

Upcycled Cylindrical Gift Box

Hey guys

I am about to show you today how I upcycled a cylindrical box ( Liqueur bottle box) that was stashed in my room since many days. Finally I thought to upcycle it into this very pretty gift box. So if you all have similar boxes lying in your house, its time to upcycle them!!!!


Materials:
  1. Handmade paper or pattern paper
  2. Adhesive ( liquid or tape)
  3. Scissors
  4. Embellishments
  5. Paper twine
  6. Washi tapes ( A1 craft supply)
  7. Glitter strips (Itsy Bitsy)
Procedure:
  1. I have used a green wrinkled handmade paper which I had bought from a local store to cover the box. The adhesive I used is a Red Tacky Tape which is a double sided adhesive tape to paste the handmade paper on the box.
  2. The borders are done with washi tapes and a white thin glitter strip. I used a regular parchment paper which I cut in circular shape with scallop border and punched holes to form a pattern. This I glued on the face of the box and tied paper twine in pale pink color going around the box thrice.
  3. I finished the face of the box using mulberry roses, mulberry rose leaves and white pollens (A1 craft supply).  You can use anything to decorate the face of the box.
  4. I completed the lid by covering it with white handmade paper and adding a green paper piece in the center. I drilled a hole in the center of the lid and added tassel which I made using pearls and paper twine .Inserted  the tassel ends through the hole and knotted it from the inside. I used pink butterflies (Itsy Bitsy) with pearls to decorate the lid.
  5. Simple and easy. Took me less than 30 mins to upcycle this box. I hope you like it and try to make one soon…..
Thank you for reading this post.



No comments:

Post a Comment